ABOUT RC ORNITHOPTER
- An Ornithopter is a device that imitates the flapping-wing flight found in nature. The word “Ornithopter” combines the ancient Greek words for “bird” and “wing”.
- An Ornithopter doesn’t need to have feathers, though. What makes it birdlike is the flapping motion! Airplanes have a rotating propeller.
- Helicopters have a rotary wing that provides both lift and thrust. Instead of rotation, the Ornithopter wing imitates the reciprocating motion of a bird’s wing.
- Build & Test your own first RC Ornithopter from scratch!
- Hands-on experience on the electronic and electrical instrumentation of an RC Ornithopter.
- Introduction to Design of an RC Ornithopter Gearing Mechanisms
- This workshop encompasses all the concepts and principles involved in the aerodynamics of an Ornithopter.
- The workshop provides a complete learning experience to the participants.
- Understand the principles of Flight of a Bird.
- Design a mechanism that imitates a Bird.
TOPICS COVERED AND WORKSHOP STRUCTURE
- Basics of Aerodynamics and flapping-wing flight.
- Concepts behind designing a Radio Controlled Ornithopter.
- Understanding the Gear mechanisms involved in design of flapping-wing flight.
- History of Ornithopter.
- Stability & Control of an RC Ornithopter.
- Design own RC Ornithopter from scratch.
- RC Ornithopter Fabrication sessions.
- Test flight /competition session.
- Testing Session – RC Ornithopter designed and Fabricated by the participants are flown by an expert RC Ornithopter flyer of Team Hobby pep